How we make sure everyone is safe
St Mark’s CE Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We are fully committed to ensuring that consistent effective safeguarding procedures are in place to support families, children and staff at school. All concerns are passed through the members of staff who are trained as “Designated Child Protection Officers” in school in compliance with the “sharing of information” guidance.
The Designated Safeguarding Lead is Sally Craig, Head Teacher.
The Deputy Safeguarding Lead is Al Stephens.
If you have any serious concerns about your child or any other pupil at St Mark’s C.E. Primary School please do not hesitate to contact the Designated Safeguarding Lead who knows who to contact for the best advice and help and is experienced in using the appropriate degree of confidentiality.
We have a Safeguarding Policy and procedures in place which we refer to in our prospectus and on this website.
Parents and carers are welcome to read the Policy on request; a copy of the policy can be found on this website.
- Working Together to Safeguard Children- https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/592101/Working_Together_to_Safeguard_Children_20170213.pdf
- Keeping Children Safe in Education September 2016 – https://www.safeguardinginschools.co.uk/new-keeping-children-safe-education-september-2016/
- Prevent Duty Departmental Advice – https://www.safeguardinginschools.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/The-Prevent-Duty-Commentary-Andrew-Hall.pdf
- Safeguarding Policy Saturn Education Trust – http://www.stmarksswanage.dorset.sch.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/SET-Child-Protection-Policy-V1-2-2016-2-2.pdf
- Keeping Children Safe in Education Leaflet