Greggs Breakfast Club at St Mark’s
We are very fortunate to receive funding from Greggs to provide breakfast for our pupils. The club also provides a gentle transition into school. Please email Mrs Stephens for more information.
The Greggs breakfast club scheme has been running since 1999 and is designed to provide a simple, nutritious breakfast to children in primary schools, typically with over 40% free school meals.
Research into and practical experience of the effects of breakfast clubs has shown the following positive benefits:
- Improved attendance and punctuality
- Improved behaviour
- Children complete more tasks and behave better
- Concentration and achievement at schools
- Longer-term benefits for memory and cognition
- Strengthening of school/parental relationship
- Opportunity for children to meet and communicate with others in a social setting
- Help for parents to take on training or work
Additionally, Greggs provides bread for toast club and fruit for breaktime.